How Do You Use A Singing Bowl?
Singing bowls are played by either rubbing the outer rim with a striker (puja) or by tapping on it from the outside. The speed with which the bowl is rubbed or the intensity of the strike affects the depth of sound as well as its volume.
Some people use singing bowls to mark the beginning and/or end of a meditation session while others use it during the mediation session, itself. Collect several so that you can meditate to various tones and release different energy chakras!
What Are The Benefits Of A Tibetan Singing Bowl?
Obviously, all of our singing bowls are beautiful and excellent conversation pieces. Aside from that, Tibetan singing bowls are thought to have many other benefits.
Many holistic medicine practitioners sing the praises of their healing properties and they are also widely popular for chakra balancing, space clearing feng shui, meditation, sound therapy and sound massage.
How Do I Clean My Singing Bowl?
Dust, dirt and oils from your hands can collect on a singing bowl, damaging its finish and sunlight can also dull or tarnish the finish after an extended period of time, so your Tibetan singing bowl will need to be cleaned from time to time.
Fortunately it's pretty simple to keep your Tibetan singing bowl clean and in excellent condition. Store bought cleaners aren't appropriate for singing bowls. You'll want to use an all-natural cleaner.
There are only a few things you will need to cling your singing bowl:
- 2 large bowls
- 3 clean, soft cloths or small towels
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- warm water
- Fill a large bowl (like a salad mixing bowl) with warm water and squeeze the juice from a half a lemon into it.
- Take a second large bowl and fill it just with warm water.
- Use a clean, soft cloth and soak it in the lemon juice water. Then, wring out the excess water from it. Use that moist cloth to rub away any stained or dirty areas of your singing bowl.
- Use a second clean, soft cloth and dip it into the plain water bowl, wringing out the excess water. Use it to wipe the bowl and rid it of the citric acid from the lemon juice. It's extremely important to remove the lemon juice residue; otherwise, it could damage your bowl, so be sure to be very thorough.
- Use a third clean, soft cloth to thoroughly wipe your singing bowl dry. Be sure to remove all excess moisture, which could lead to corrosion, and buff the bowl to a clean, healthy shine!
REMINDER: DO NOT use any abrasive cleaners or store bought cleaners on your singing bowl. Many ingredients in household cleaners or even things like salt or baking soda could potentially damage your bowl.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About The Care Of My Singing Bowl?
Please remember that each singing bowl is a unique, handcrafted piece and that even the slightest dent or damage could affect its sound or make it completely unusable.
Help protect your bowl by always placing it on a singing bowl pillow or cushion and do not place it on the edge of a shelf or table, where it might easily be knocked to the floor
In addition, NEVER leave your singing bowl outside or expose it to prolonged direct sunlight. And, of course, if your singing bowl is ever exposed to water, make sure that you thoroughly dry and buff the bowl in order to keep the finish from tarnishing.
How Fast Will I Get My Singing Bowl?
Although all of our Tibetan singing bowls come from the Himalayan region, they are now in this country and ship within 24 hours. How quickly you get them depends on your proximity to our Utah location, but in most cases, you should get your singing bowl within a few days of ordering it.
Can I Choose The Color Of My Singing Bowl Pillow?
Absolutely! In fact, we have six different pillows to choose from of various shapes and colors. One is sure to be an excellent complement to your home's decor!